Pages

Ads 468x60px

Just a girl that loves cooking in the great state of Texas!

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pork Loin Two Ways


   Pork Loin, what a great cut of meat. There are so many ways to prepare it. Its good for you. Looks fancy. Tastes great and low fat.
I decided to post two recipes here, found through Pinterest. The first one Orange Hoisin Glazed Pork Loin is prepared in the slow cooker. The second recipe Maple Glazed Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin is prepared in the oven.

Before preparing this recipe I marinate the meat using this recipe, Pork Tenderloin Marinade 
I marinate mine around 24-30 Hours. Turning every so often while its marinating. This is a great marinade by the way!
When preparing the Orange Hoisin recipe I pretty much keep the recipe as is, but double the ingredients for the sauce. The sauce is so good!
I'll serve this dish with white rice and a snap pea veggie mix sautéed in some of that delicious sauce! Such a healthy dish and very flavorful!
Now for the crème de la crème.

Oh Ma Gosh! This is so delicious! Anything with bacon always gets me interested.
This was the first time for me to make this dish and boy, it didn't disappoint!  
I followed this recipe as is. I had a pork loin about half the size the recipe called for, so I just halved the ingredients and the cook time, except for the last 20 minutes to brown the bacon. I didn't necessarily wrap the loin with bacon I kind of draped it over, that seemed to be a problem when cutting the meat, the bacon kept falling off. Next time I plan to wrap the bacon all the way around.



Here's an updated photo after making this a few times, a truly delicious dish!





 


Another dilemma that I had was what to serve with this sweet dish. My first thought was something with sweet potato but my hubby doesn't care for those. I ended up serving with Ranch Roasted Potatoes , Steamed and Buttered Broccoli and Biscuits. The biscuits were a great idea because they made a great pork loin sandwich!


Dinner was Delish!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Total Pageviews

Translator