Pages

Ads 468x60px

Just a girl that loves cooking in the great state of Texas!

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Better than Turtle Chex Mix


FIND US ON FACEBOOK HERE--> Cookin' It Up In Texas



 So, I absolutely love Turtle Flavor Chex Snack Mix. Its a bit pricey for such a small bag. I was gonna go broke unless I figured out how to make this scrumptious snack! I came across this recipe for Caramelized Crispy Snack Mix from Land O' Lakes and knew I had the turtle mix figured out. Of course, adding or subtracting what I did and didn't want was a nice perk to the store bought version!

Heres the recipe:

First off, you want to make this recipe, Caramelized Crispy Snack Mix 
I always have to add my own touch to a recipe- omit the step for the chocolate pieces and add a teaspoon of Vanilla Extract when adding the Baking Soda. Gives it more of a buttery flavor!

Update: I added some pretzels to the chex before adding the caramel sauce and let me tell you it was a delicious addition to this recipe!



After your Caramelized Chex are cooled, add the following:

1 box of Chocolate Chex Cereal

1/2 a bag of Mini Marshmallows

1/2 to whole bag of Mini M&Ms

Mix and store in an airtight container.

Other additions to add to the snack mix:

1 cup of honey roasted peanuts

1/2 a box of Crunch n Munch Buttery Toffee Popcorn







2 comments:

 

Total Pageviews

Translator